Thursday, January 22, 2009

T-h-u-r-s-d-a-y NIGHT!

Tonight's Plans: Dinner at Applebee's with parents and aunt

High Point of the Evening: Listening to my family burst into hysterics as we "outwit" the GPS unit my aunt got for Christmas.

"Daniel," the British voice I chose to direct us home, seemed rather upset as my dad purposely drove the wrong way. Poor Daniel had to keep saying "Recalibrating Route!" I was waiting for him to say "Hey asshole...why'd you buy a GPS if you already know the damn way home?"


Low Point of the Evening: Realizing I'd left my driver's license in my other coat pocket

My parents were willing to buy my alcohol for the night. I had no license. I apparently don't look 21. A school ID isn't enough for Applebee's. What's a girl to do? SCORE! I have a copy of my birth certificate in my purse (for employment reasons)! Why such a low point? Imagine having to show the Applebee's manager your birth certificate to get a Miller Lite Brewtus. Yeah. That's a collossal low point.

No comments: